Since I’m a newbie to this blogging community and do not know much about these blog awards, I did a thorough research. There is a good FAQ post about Blog Awards from The Daily Post: Isn’t It Lovely: Understanding Blog Awards.
There are many different blog awards such as the Sunshine Award, the Versatile Blogger Award, the Liebster Award, the One Lovely Blog Award…, passing around the blogging community. These awards are created by bloggers to recognize, encourage and support other bloggers.
Each award has its own requirements. Any bloggers are welcome to create an award of their own. Nominees may accept and participate in award program or ignore the nomination. Good things about awards are that awards introduce your blog to new readers and create incoming links to your blog. It is also a nice way of showing appreciation for one another’s blogs and motivating newcomers to the blogging community. In my opinion, it is fun to participate but bloggers should not use them as “chain-letters”.
The rules of most awards are similar. The nominees are asked to
– list a certain number of facts about themself;
– respond to a set of questions;
– create their own set of questions for their nominees;
– nominate other bloggers; and
– display an award badge on their blogs.
* * * * *
For this particular Liebster Award nomination (by the way, Liebster is a German word meaning “favourite” or “beloved”), I’m asked to follow these rules:
Rules of the Award:
– Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
All the nominees are free to accept or reject the nomination.
* * * * *
THESE ARE OMPONG’S QUESTIONS AND MY ANSWERS:
1. Why did you start a blog site and who was your first follower?
I started this blog site because I would like to share my thoughts and feelings with others who have similar interests. Blogger Alain Bao who introduced WordPress to me was my first follower.
2. When and where was the first time you said “I love you…!” to a person you felt was your soul mate?
Hahah, Ompong, this is a tough question. I didn’t even remember because I believe I have not yet found my soul mate. Thus, I don’t bother to recall when and where I said those 3 words. In my opinion, a soul mate differs from a friend, a lover, and a spouse but a soul mate could be one of them. In Vietnamese, soul mate means “Tri Kỷ”. If I meet someone for the first time, but in my heart I feel as if I have met him before, then he is my soul mate. I wish that I’ll be blessed enough to find my Tri Kỷ at some point in my life.
3. If you have a lamp with a genie inside who granted you three wishes, what are the three things you will wish for?
First, I wish everybody in this world be healthy;
Secondly, I wish everybody in this world be happy;
And lastly, I wish for 3 more wishes.
4. What talent would you like to have and why?
I would like to have the talent to learn all foreign languages in a record time because I love to communicate with people around the world.
5. What is your favorite food and why?
Beef. Whatever dish that has beef in it, it’ll be my favorite food because beef tastes good and easy to cook.
6. If Genghis Khan, Hitler, and Nero were alive today and will be running for president, who will you vote and why?
I’d rather not answer this question because I am not interested in discussing political and/or religious issues.
7. Assuming that reincarnation is true and you will be an animal in your next life, what animal would you like to be and why?
Oh I would like to be a doggie because “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” (One of the quotes about dogs).
8. What are the first three things which you normally do upon waking up in the morning?
Upon waking up in the morning, I normally (i) pet my doggie and talk with him; (ii) read and/or write blogs; and (iii) turn on the T.V. to watch morning news.
9. What are the last three things which you normally do before going to bed in the evening?
Before going to bed in the evening, I normally (i) read and/or write blogs; (ii) watch evening news and movies; and (iii) pet my doggie good night.
10. Which one would you want to be… a vampire or a werewolf? And why?
Neither because I want to be me.
* * * * *
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. If you knew you only have 3 days to live, what would you do each day?
2. If you must use an animal to represent you, what animal would you choose? List 3 characteristics of that animal.
3. If you must use a color to represent you, what color would you choose? List 3 reasons why you choose that color.
4. If you must use an ocean, a beach, a river or a lake (anywhere in the world) to represent you, which would you choose? List 3 reasons.
5. What would you do if you won a million dollar lottery?
6. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
7. Did any of your dreams come true and what were they?
8. If you have the power to change one thing for this world, what would you change?
9. What do you do when you’re stressed out?
10. Do you have pets and what are they?
* * * * *
Next I will have to find 10 qualified bloggers/nominees who have less than 200 followers. Wow! This is not easy for me because most of my followers and blogs I followed have more than 200 followers. Many of them even have thousands of followers. Once I found qualified nominees and they accepted my nomination, I will list them in this post.
Thanks again, Ompong, for the nomination.